- Be mentally prepared and know what you're getting into.
- Tailor the equipment to the trip objectives.
- Understand your limits with realistic daily mileage expectations.
- Priority one is staying safe and healthy.
- Test out gear and understand basic repair.
- Keep a journal in print and online.
- Research and fine tune the route.
- Get fit but don't obsess about it.
Steve Szirom is a semi-retired hi-tech executive who is seeking new adventures and challenges to broaden his horizons.
A Bike Journey
Adventure Cycling Association
Bicycle Touring Pro
Crazy Guy On a Bike
Down the Road
Save It For The Day
Survival Bicycle Touring